The Lovely E over at Strong Enough to Break (awesome blog – check it out) nominated me to do the Love/Hate challenge. Sounds like an easy enough thing to do on a busy Friday. Plus it’s nice to have a break from constant school shit. And I’ve been too damn switchy to write a full post lately. But also – thank you so much to all of you who’ve been responding to Julia and River. That is so awesome.
Things I Love:
- My wife and our tribe.
- Doing well in my academics/career.
- Culture! (art, museums, theatre, dance, photography, etc).
- Sunlight on my face.
- Genuine kindness and compassion.
- Fancy coffee. Or cheap coffee. Especially with good company.
- Tiny ethnic restaurants with food I’ve never heard of before.
- Being really contained and buried under the blankies with our stuffies and the fans gently blowing on me.
- Anything nerdy (especially nerdy + feminist).
- Getting cards or letters in the mail.
Things I Hate:
- Abuse of any form to any living creature
- Any “ism” (racism, classism, ageism, homophobia, misogyny, etc).
- Having my neck touched or being scared (like when people jump out at you and think it’s funny until I punch them in the face)
- Doctors, hospitals, medication, therapists
- People that are arrogant, manipulative, narcissistic, patronizing, self-righteous, liars, bullies, etc…
- The phrase, “that’s just the way he/she/they are” (um, no. CHOICES, people!)
- Feeling full or almost full, even if it’s water.
- When my eye makeup smudges.
- Misrepresenting myself/being inarticulate.
Anyone who reads this blog and does stuff like this 🙂