Two blogging friends from Blogging for Therapy and Volatile Stability recently filled out some “get to know me” surveys. I decided to jump on the bandwagon and fill it out as well because 1. it’s a great way to break up the general intensity of my blog, 2. it’s quite fun to learn little tidbits about each other, and 3. I have some serious studying to do so I won’t have much time to blog this weekend.
If you fill one out, please let me know in the comments so I can read that, too 🙂
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Any and all medical-related bills.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
A great little Malaysian place in the East Village on Valentine’s Day.
3. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Writing this post and drinking herbal tea, which is exactly what I AM doing.
4. How many colleges did you attend?
5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
Because it matches the pajama shorts I’m wearing and I’m most comfortable sleeping in tanks.
6. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
They ebb and flow just like all other things in life. Though I remember being about 20 years old and a college friend saying, “If gas prices get above $2, I’m walking to school.” I wonder what she’d say now?? Also: oil = war.
7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
“That was another shitty dream. Damn.”
8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I spent a lot of time running through clinical skills in my head to get ready for next week’s practical exams.
9. Do you miss being a child?
I don’t remember much about being a child, so no. But I wish I’d had a better childhood that I did remember.
10. What errand/chore do you despise?
Cleaning the bathroom.
11. Get up early or sleep in?
Sleep in. No matter how much I try, I am just NOT a “morning person”.
12. Have you found real love yet?
Yes and it is the best part of my life.
13. Favorite lunch meat?
Ham. But only high-quality stuff. Cheap ham makes me gag.
14. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
15. Beach or lake?
I love both, but I prefer my swimming sans salt.
16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Eh. Yes and No. I think the original purpose of marriage is long outdated as women are certainly not property to be claimed and/or switched between hands. But as a lesbian, I was very proud and happy to be granted the right to partake in said ritual and to call it “marriage”.
17. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
18. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Any strong female.
19. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Yes. Several times. Never into another vehicle though, thankfully. Just into a lot of snow. And some guard rails.
20. Ever use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
No, but I really want to.
The standard “iPhone” ringtone (because it’s super fun to wonder if your phone is ringing 6 thousand times a day since everyone else has the same ringtone).
22. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
In a moving car with a cup of water, spitting out the window.
23. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
I’ve never been to California at all. I’d love to go to San Francisco.
23. Do you go to church?
No. I’m a “born-again atheist”. But I do sometimes go to a church when I’m visiting my sister because I like to honor and support her value system.
24. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
I’m currently doing both: I’m changing careers and I’m still in the beginning stages of building a new therapeutic relationship.
25. How old are you?
26. Do you have a go-to person?
My wife, since she’s the greatest human ever.
27. Are you where you want to be in life?
Yes. No. In some ways I’m further than I ever imagined. In others, I feel far behind. But I’m okay and I keep moving forward, so I’d say I’m doing just fine 🙂